Monday, February 25, 2008

La Femme Black Widow



This is Kirst's latest creation for La Femme Monkita. It's a custom job, a wrap for her aunt. (Her aunts are all kicking it in high Monkita style now - freaking Monkita mink coats.) It's a personal favorite of mine, just cause I like color.

The only drawback is that it took her days to make this, and those are days that could have been spent fashioning me the knit hammock of my dreams: it will be silk, in the shape of a spider web, and bolted wall-to-wall in my bedroom. I've always wanted to refer to my room as The Lair, and when I have my web-hammock, I can.

Come to think of it, there is something sort of dastardly - sort of... spiderly really - about Kirst's constant knitting. As if she were sewing the seeds of somebody's destruction. And lately she's been stuffing me with really delicious, but carb-heavy meals. Like she's fattening ol' Dan up for the kill. Could the next time I slip into a food coma, after gorging myself on her pasta, be the last mistake I ever make?

If she starts speaking in a lisp I'm swatting her spider ass.

No comments: