Friday, March 14, 2008

Poetic Exchange Gone Wrong

Another great moment in g-chat history. Or maybe it's a horrible moment in g-chat history. I can't tell.

The setup: apparently my friend Nicolle was drunk on pre-spring. Or New York. Or something. So she instant messages me poetry. If that sounds a little odd, you should know that stuff like this happens all the time in my world. Which makes me wonder, am I the only guy getting such depth of experience out of the chat and text mediums? I have great friends.

Nicolle: Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
-William Yeats

me: I ain’t got no money
I ain’t got no car to take you on a date
I can’t even buy you flowers
But together we could be the perfect soulmates
Talk to me girl
- Timbaland

Nicolle: I was trying to come up with a rap like that. My friends and I came up with a hook but we need more lyrics to fill the in between
haha

me: The day you start rapping I fully expect the anti christ to arrive in power and terror

Nicolle: hahahaha
whateva
I'm not THAT white
I still got flavah

me: oh god

Nicolle: remember I'm Puerto Rican

me: true. but you've been away from the homeland for a long time
perhaps too long

Nicolle: true dat, dog.

me: you must stop

Nicolle: why you illin, yo?

me: i'm not illin. i'm looking for something sharp around here to take myself out with

Nicolle: don't be frontin D. My shit is tight. Fo shizzle.

me: seriously, our friendship is at stake

Nicolle: ok. fine.

No comments: