Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weekend in Siberia


Kirsten's booth at the Spirits and Sounds Holiday Spectacular Friday night. She manned the tables while I "interfaced" with the rabble.


Saturday afternoon we went to Zozzy and Scotter's holiday dinner. We took a wild guess that she might bond with Derek's five-year-old daughter Sophia. Within five minutes they were BFFs. We all like to think of ourselves as the kind of people who know how to "get down." But they out-funned us all night. Zozzy kept saying, how come I don't skip around the room holding hands with my friends?


However, when we did get the music bumpin', some people couldn't hang.

They found Zozzy's kit and went to work.

Sophia got bored with it, but Claire was just getting started and dropped the beat to "When the Levee Breaks"...

...then Fela Kuti's "Expensive Shit."

"Ok. Where's Sophia?"

At no point, even when going to the bathroom, eating, and playing Scattegories, did she stop knitting.

I had the time of my life...

And I've never felt this way before.